Sunday 1 January 2012

Homemade gifts

Wow the holidays are hectic!  I had so many gifts that I wanted to make but only got a handful done.

I'm most proud of the tablet cover I made for my dad:


I used this tutorial but skipped the quilting.  I also added a gusseted pocket in the back for the charger (which is a cylinder shape which is a bit bulky to fit into a zipper pocket) and a slot on the closure tab at the top so that the tablet can be charged without removing it from the pouch.  I just love this enchino fabric and it's perfect for my dad who loves photography!  I used a cotton grey checkered fabric for the lining from my stash (bought cheap from a remnant bin).  I was so thrilled (and relieved) that I didn't mess this one up since the fabric is pretty pricey.  Since this only took a fq of the enchino print, I have the rest of the 1/2 yard to make something else too  :)

My MIL is an amazing cook so I made her an apron with this tutorial and some oven mitts with this and this tutorial:

I also made a stocking for my nephew (who requested one last Christmas after seeing the one I made my little guy).  While I was at it, I decided to make one for myself and the hubby.
I couldn't find the tutorial/pattern I used originally so I just traced my little guy's stocking and winged it from there.

I also made a knitting needles case and a matching bag to hold knitting projects for my mom (which I forgot to take pictures of).  I'm debating whether to get my mom to re-teach me how to knit...

:)

Linking up to:

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You were busy! Love the print you used for the tablet

    ReplyDelete