Sunday, 1 January 2012

Homemade gifts

Wow the holidays are hectic!  I had so many gifts that I wanted to make but only got a handful done.

I'm most proud of the tablet cover I made for my dad:


I used this tutorial but skipped the quilting.  I also added a gusseted pocket in the back for the charger (which is a cylinder shape which is a bit bulky to fit into a zipper pocket) and a slot on the closure tab at the top so that the tablet can be charged without removing it from the pouch.  I just love this enchino fabric and it's perfect for my dad who loves photography!  I used a cotton grey checkered fabric for the lining from my stash (bought cheap from a remnant bin).  I was so thrilled (and relieved) that I didn't mess this one up since the fabric is pretty pricey.  Since this only took a fq of the enchino print, I have the rest of the 1/2 yard to make something else too  :)

My MIL is an amazing cook so I made her an apron with this tutorial and some oven mitts with this and this tutorial:

I also made a stocking for my nephew (who requested one last Christmas after seeing the one I made my little guy).  While I was at it, I decided to make one for myself and the hubby.
I couldn't find the tutorial/pattern I used originally so I just traced my little guy's stocking and winged it from there.

I also made a knitting needles case and a matching bag to hold knitting projects for my mom (which I forgot to take pictures of).  I'm debating whether to get my mom to re-teach me how to knit...

:)

Linking up to:

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! www.quiltworld2.blogspot.com
    Yours, Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were busy! Love the print you used for the tablet

    ReplyDelete